/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/logo-2.png 0 0 chuckblakeman /wp-content/uploads/2016/11/logo-2.png chuckblakeman2010-10-09 08:04:292016-01-15 20:04:12More – Business Is Like Surfing
More – Business Is Like Surfing
Don’t surf with sharks.
- Take lessons, learn how. – Who’s your business advisor?
- Never surf alone – Where’s your business community?
- Don’t surf with sharks – Make your own business rules, don’t play by others’.
- Stay out of unfamiliar waters – stick to your knitting.
- Ride one wave at a time – do one thing good first.
- Watch the weather – pay attention to your market.
- Balance well – it could all come crashing down quickly.
- Know where you’re going – plan the next few “steps”.
- Don’t get distracted waving for the cameras – don’t relax too early.
- Ride the small waves first – grow into the big ones. Grow into business.
- Let somebody else make the board – outsource everything.
- Get advice – Just because you’re wet doesn’t mean there is surf – where is your target market?
- Know when to jump in – time kills deals.
- Know when to stay on the beach – big opportunities aren’t always good.
- Change technique before you decide to quit (it’s not surfing, it’s the way YOU are surfing).
- Never think you’ve learned it all.
- Don’t fight a rip tide. – Roll w/ the punches.
- Know when to go home. – Don’t bet on the come.
- Paddling is everything – Conation – committed movement in a purposeful direction. – commitment is more important than anything else
- MOST IMPORTANT – Paddle harder AFTER you get momentum! It’s the only way to catch the wave so you can stop paddling altogether! (see last week’s Business is Like Surfing)